Time: 1 h 10 m
Servings: 16Calories: 213
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoons ground Saigon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries (or raisins or other dried fruit)
- Combine old fashioned oats, quick oats, pecans and wheat germ in a large bowl. Combine maple syrup, oil, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl. Pour over oat mixture, stirring to coat. Spread mixture evenly on greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until oats are toasted.
- Remove from oven and stir in dried fruit. Cool in pan on wire rack. Store in airtight container.
- Serving suggestion: To make yogurt parfaits, layer 6 ounces vanilla yogurt, 1/2 cup mixed fresh or frozen fruit and 1/4 cup granola.