HOW TO FIGHT ACNE
Health News Written by Medical Doctors
How to Clear Up Acne
Acne refers to pimples, blemishes, blackheads, zits or whiteheads. While this problem is commonly associated with teenagers, many adults suffer from acne as well. Stress, hormones, environmental factors and more can lead to acne problems, causing individuals embarrassment and slashing their confidence. Outlined below are tips for eliminating acne once and for all so you can have healthy, glowing skin.
1. Practice A Daily Facial Routine
▪ Cleansing . Create a cleansing routine, washing your face each morning and before bed. This alone can significantly reduce acne breakouts. Wash your face for at least :30 seconds to a minute to ensure that all bacteria are killed. Make sure to wash away any makeup before going to bed as these products can increase acne outbreaks while damaging the skin. Use oil free products that will not clog the pores during this step. Also wash any other areas where acne appears during this ritual such as your chest, back or shoulders.
▪ Exfoliating. Exfoliating products are used to gently remove dead skin cells that can build up and create a place for acne-causing bacteria to grow. You can purchase an exfoliant or make one using household ingredients. A standard treatment can be made by creating a paste made from water and baking soda and applying it with a circular motion on the face. Those with sensitive skin can use a gentler treatment by mixing oatmeal with honey and rubbing it on the face for 2-3 minutes before rinsing it away.
▪ Toning. After you wash and exfoliate you should apply a toner to the face that will help tighten the pores so oil and dirt cannot become trapped and create a home for harmful bacteria. You can also apply products like apple cider vinegar or witch hazel. Apply toners with cotton balls/pads and allow them to sit on the skin rather than rinsing them away.
▪ Moisturizing. If your skin is dehydrated your body will produce excess oil to combat this dryness, leading to more breakouts. Applying a gentle moisturizer after you wash your face each day can help to reduce these troubles.
2. Use Products with Anti-Acne Ingredients (Honey, Lemon & Oatmeal are great)
3. Apply Homemade Anti-Acne Agents like Sodium Bicarbonate.
Create a paste from water and baking soda (Blu Skin Care’s Organic Oat-Flax Facial Cleanser is perfect for this) and apply it to your pimples each night just before bed. In the morning rinse away the paste and scrub away any buildup of dead skin and bacteria
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is known for its antibacterial products that are ideal for removing microbes that clog the pores on the skin. Blu Skin Care’s 100% Organic Honey Face Mask contains Tea Tree Oil. Use a cotton swab to place a small amount of the oil on each blemish. Avoid large applications of this product, as too much oil can burn the skin and increase redness.
Grind 2-3 cloves of garlic with water as needed with a mortar and pestle to create a paste. Apply this paste to acne blemishes for around 15 minutes each day before washing the skin with cool water. Do not leave the paste in place for long periods of time as this can damage the skin.
Cucumbers and Oatmeal
Oatmeal can soothe skin irritation while cucumber combats dark spots and redness. Blu Skin Care’s Organic Oat-Flax Facial Cleanser is a perfect alternative to this. Blend equal parts oatmeal and cucumber in a food processor, creating a paste. Apply this remedy to the skin, leaving it in place for 15-20 minutes. Then wash the face with warm water.