Natural Makeup Brands For Women of Color
• 100% Pure – Founded by Susie Wang, 100% produces high-quality fruit pigmented cosmetics. Provides photos of real women to make finding your shade extremely easy.Offers spf tinted moisturizer, liquid and pressed powder foundation ($26-32).
• Alima Pure – Kate O’Brien created Alima Pure for her daughter. Both Kate’s aunt and my mother had breast cancer, and she wanted to protect her daughter from potential cosmetic toxins and irritants. Provides a quick foundation selector tool that helps you find your perfect match. Offers a variety of loose mineral foundation shades ($25).
• b.la.c. minerals – Merced Manner created b.l.a.c. minerals from a vision she had to produce pure natural cosmetics for women of color. She found that she wasn’t able to find products that worked well with her skin type and complexion. She wanted high-quality healthy makeup made from the best ingredients. Provides clear swatch images to find your shade. Offers loose mineral foundation ($21.50).
• Jane Iredale – Jane Iredale founded her beauty line in 1994 and was one of the first to supply the aesthetic industry with makeup that was good for the skin. Provides clear swatch images to find your shade. Offers spf tinted moisturizer as well as loose, liquid and pressed mineral foundation ($44-$52).
• KmS Mineral Essentials – KmS is a family owned company that doesn’t believe in all of the mass advertising, hype and fancy packaging offered by most leading brands. They just want to make a better quality product at an affordable cost for their customers. Provides clear swatch images to find your shade. You can even have a custom shade created for your skin. Offers loose, pressed and liquid mineral foundation ($27-$29.50).
• Plain Jane Beauty – Lake Louise founded Plain Jane Beauty out of her passion for creating a makeup line that included foundations that would encompass all shades and skin tones—from porcelain to ebony. Provides swatch images to find your shade. Offers loose, creme and pressed mineral foundations ($24.50-$34.50).
• Vapour Organic Beauty – Founders Krysia Boinis, Kristine Keheley and Eric Sakes make their foundations with 70% certified organic ingredients and 30% natural mineral pigments and vitamins. Provides photos of real women to make finding your shade extremely easy.Offers liquid and creme stick foundation ($40-48).